Coaching for performance
- Identify when a coaching approach is most appropriate with colleagues and clients
- Know how to build powerful coaching relationships
- Understand what it means to be a steward of transformation for others and how to to develop their mindset and skills
- Use a wide variety of coaching approaches to expand people͛s ability to take effective action and create wider communities of collaboration and commitment
- Be able to diagnose where coaches are stuck, foster new ways of being, skills and practices, transform peoples point of view about themselves and their situation and elicit powerful new commitments
- Apply best practice coaching models for maximum impact
What the programme will cover
Participants develop the mindset, skills and behaviours of an effective coach through highly experiential scenario-based roleplays which illustrate the key phases of coaching. Participants works on developing rapport, questioning skills; strengthening their emotional intelligence to read between the lines, explore what really matters and unblock and empower the coachee. During the different scenarios participants develop fluency in setting up coaching relationships and applying different coaching models
The fundamentals of coaching
Understanding the difference between coaching and other forms of management interaction and recognising when coaching is an appropriate intervention
Developing the right mindset and emotional intelligence to be an effective coach
Learning and applying best practice coaching models for maximum impact
Enrolling a new coachee through the definition of implementation objectives, commitment and possible obstacles
Creating a platform for a strong coaching relationship through verbal and non-verbal techniques
Recognising when coaching is an appropriate intervention
Turning insight into action
Empowering coachees to enable them to take action and remove obstacles
Helping coachees to recognise what internal and external resources are available to them
Using effective questioning and powerful speaking to create breakthroughs, manage resistance, gain commitment and generate action
How individuals and organisations benefit from this programme
Individuals will benefit from:
- Accelerating their learning.
- Increasing collaboration with peers.
Organisations will benefit from:
- More effective collaboration that can be applied to areas such as innovation, engagement or sales execution.
- Motivated individuals and teams.
- Stronger leadership and less micro-management.
How we will embed learning
- Practical tutorials with regular practice and feedback sessions each day
- Emphasis on developing own coaching style in real-life situations.
- Advising managers on the leadership required to maximise ROI.
- Use of online orientations and tool overviews before any face to face training
- Participants work in teams on a livematerials or relevant case studies.
- Highly experiential exercises and roleplays interspersed with tutor coaching, debriefs and peer reviews.
- All case learning, processes and tools are applied to real world situations and integrated with existing approaches
- Follow up coaching on live projects with online resources, reference videos and articles