Developing and implementing strategy
Based on global best practice of major consulting firms, participants will learn how to identify and develop opportunities and develop a strategy and how to engage their organisations or clients in implementing that strategy. Specifically they will:
Develop a framework and approach to assess strategy
- Explore and develop market opportunities and internal requirements to capitalize on those opportunities
- Develop business cases around each opportunities
- Plan next steps effectively
- Understand how to communicate at senior levels as a thinking partner and presenting your strategy recommendations succinctly and clearly
- Learn how to enlist others and creating a compelling implementation roadmap
Our experience and research over the last two decades has identified how to assess and develop strategy and critically how to increase and focus people in a co-ordinated way to implement strategy. Leaders go through a number of phases as they master these invention, ignition and implementation skills:
- Challenging your own and the organisation͛s assumptions about the future
- Generating bold possibilities and scoping these into strategy, targets and projects
- Becoming an ambassador of the vision and strategy, inspiring others
- Enlisting others as co-creators and creating organisational urgency
- Putting people to the test and coaching them in the fundamentals of breakthrough performance
- Building dragen slayer teams building a set of core values around all for one, and one for all teamwork
- Maintaining a future focus — delivering the vision through rigorous and co-ordinated action and communication
- Converting opposition to momentum — winning over resistors and increasing energy and commitment through visible wins
- Repeating successes whilst looking for the opportunities to consolidate progress and achieve further unprecedented goals
How individuals and organisations benefit from this programme
- Greater view of what’s possible within the business.
- Greater motivation and alignment in their organisations and/or clients.
- Clear framing of strategy.
- A plan including stakeholder engagement, addressing risk and implementation issues and how to win over resistance to change.
How we will embed learning
- Workshops with managers on the leadership and processes required to maximise ROI.
- Use of online orientations and process and tool overviews
- Participants work in teams on a live materials or relevant case studies (optional technology based simulation)
- Highly experiential exercises and roleplays interspersed with tutor coaching, debriefs and peer reviews.
- All case learning, processes and tools are applied to real world situations and integrated with existing approaches
- Follow up coaching on live projects with online resources, reference videos and articles