- Get to the essence of their message more succinctly and efficiently
- Structure their written and verbal communication more effectively so that the audience is more likely to understand, accept and act on what they hear
- Know how to display information effectively and use visuals
- Develop greater awareness and empathy and present with greater confidence
- Use status and non-verbal influence in a culturally appropriate way to influence
- Maintain audience interest through effective flow of messages, phrasing, use of language, tone and engagement techniques
- Manage difficult audiences and challenging questions
- Use ͚storylining͛ and storytelling techniques to create a compelling and cohesive narrative
What the Programme will cover
Participants will increase their credibility and personal impact by developing the optimal structure, message flow and relevant visuals for their audience. By using true to life scenarios, they will practice how to create a strong connection with audiences and bring ideas to life so that their clients understand, accept and act on them. Overall consultants will increase their impact and productivity in both written and verbal communication.
Effective use of graphics
- Using visual aids selectively to add colour and impact — to enhance not obscure or confuse your message
Influencing and delivery techniques
- Using storytelling to engage the audience — relating materials through the use of metaphors, analogies and personal stories to fully involve the audience
- Developing awareness of how body language, tone of voice and words combine to create status, impact and credibility
- Effectively handling questions and counter-arguments, avoiding defensiveness and maintaining control
- Using visual aids selectively and with impact — for audience benefit rather than presenter benefit
Tricky client conversations
- Handling questions and counter-arguments effectively, avoiding defensiveness and maintaining control
How individuals and organisations benefit from this programme
- Have increased confidence when communicating to stakeholders.
- Support arguments logically with relevant and succinct data / visuals.
- Have greater audience awareness.
- More agility in facilitating high stakes meetings and difficult situations.
- Be able to rely on their teams to communicate at all levels of the client.
- Increase team productivity in developing communication.
How we will embed learning
- Workshops with managers on the leadership and processes required to maximise ROI.
- Use of online orientations and process and tool overviews before any face to face training.
- Participants work in teams on a live materials or relevant case studies (optional technology based gaming and simulation).
- Highly experiential exercises and role plays interspersed with tutor coaching, debriefs and peer reviews.
- All case learning, processes and tools are applied to real world situations and integrated with existing approaches.
- Follow up coaching on live projects with online resources, reference videos and articles.