Engaging Senior Executives
Delegates will learn to:
- Build confidence in senior-level conversations and forging long-term relationships
- Communicate more effectively, using models that will increase the impact of communication
- Demonstrate increased personal presence
- Exemplify collaborative, confident and proactive business development behaviours
- Frame clients issues, lead the thinking, whilst addressing their concerns
- Handle resistance and conflict productively to strengthen the relationship
This programme assumes reasonable proficiency in business development and client management and can be targeted at either experienced Managers and Principals or Partners
What the Programme will cover
This highly collaborative programme focuses on building emotional intelligence around business development, focusing on how to master critical client interactions. Participants explore the different ways of building long-term client relationships around how to create opportunities that demonstrate initiative and competence, how to seek out new intelligence, assemble evidence and create awareness of new needs, how to increase the amount of client contact and how to both building business and personal client relationships.
Initiate the relationship
- Understand the latest research on influence
- Strengthen your ability to making a positive first impression
- Developing relevant and thought-provoking points of view
- Know how to position your firm
- Understand how to read senior executives
- Understand how to initiate a business development conversation and build immediate credibility
Develop the relationship
- Strengthen your ability to influence clients rationally, emotionally and politically
- Appreciate the buying process that clients require to buy from you and the characteristics of the key phases
- Enhancing personal impact to influence feelings and decision-making
- Use coaching techniques to strengthen your partnership
Deepen the relationship
- Understand the characteristics of long term client relationships
- Appreciate how best to position any message the client may not want to hear
- Strengthen your ability to handle difficult client conversations and resolve any conflict
How individuals and organisations benefit from this programme
Participants will be able to:
- Strengthen the impact of their communications.
- Demonstrate the necessary business development behaviours ata senior-level.
- Handle difficult conversations in a productive and positive way so as tomaintain credibility and build long term relationships.
- Be able to expand their influence, increase their deal size and lower their cost of sales through engaging more senior executives with discretionary budgets.
How CSL will embed the learning
- Advise managers on the leadership and processes required to maximise ROI.
- Online orientations and process and tool overviews before face to face training.
- Team based case study on live situations(optional technology based simulation).
- Highly experiential exercises and roleplays interspersed with tutor coaching, debriefs and peer reviews.
- All case learning, processes and tools are applied to real world situations and integrated with existing approaches.