Engaging Senior Executives
Delegates will learn to:
- Build confidence in senior level conversations and forging long-term relationships
- Communicate more effectively, using models that will increase the impact of communication
- Demonstrate increased personal presence
- Exemplify collaborative, confident and proactive business development behaviours
- Frame clients issues, lead the thinking, whilst addressing their concerns
- Handle resistance and conflict productively to strengthen the relationship
This programme assumes reasonable proficiency in business development and client management and can be targeted at either experienced Managers and Principals or Partners
What the programme will cover
This highly collaborative programme focuses on building emotional intelligence around business development, focusing on how to master critical client interactions. Participants explore the different ways of building long-term client relationships around how to create opportunities that demonstrate initiative and competence, how to seek out new intelligence, assemble evidence and create awareness of new needs, how to increase the amount of client contact and how to both building business and personal client relationships.
Initiate the relationship
Understand the latest research on influence
Strengthen your ability to making a positive first impression
Developing relevant and thought-provoking points of view
Know how to position your firm
Understand how to read senior executives
Understand how to initiate a business development conversation and buildimmediate credibility
Develop the relationship
Strengthen your ability to influence clients rationally, emotionally and politically
Appreciate the buying process that clients require to buy from you and the characteristics of the key phases
Enhancing personal impact to influence feelings and decision-making
Use coaching techniques to strengthen your partnership
Deepen the relationship
Understand the characteristics of long term client relationships
Appreciate how best to position any message the client may not want to hear
Strengthen your ability to handle difficult client conversations and resolve any conflict
How individuals and organisations benefit from this programme
Participants will be able to:
- Strengthen the impact of their communications.
- Demonstrate the necessary business development behaviours ata senior level.
- Handle difficult conversations in a productive and positive way so as tomaintain credibility and build long term relationships.
- Be able to expand their influence, increase their deal size and lower their cost of sales through engaging more senior executives with discretionary budgets.
How CSI will embed the learning
How CSL will embed the learning
- Advise managers on the leadership and processes required to maximise ROI.
- Online orientations and process and tool overviews before face to face training.
- Team based case study on live situations(optional technology based simulation).
- Highly experiential exercises and roleplays interspersed with tutor coaching, debriefs and peer reviews.
- All case learning, processes and tools are applied to real world situations and integrated with existing approaches.