Finding and Winning New Opportunities – Selling In
Delegates will learn to develop sales strategies with prospective clients that move from early stage stakeholder analysis, through thought leadership, value propositions and to the first engagement by:
- Uncovering and qualifying compelling new live business opportunities from scratch
- Identifying new key potential decision makers their potential issues, needs and decision-making styles
- Developing questions and compelling ideas that build credibility with new clients
- Maximising effectiveness at developing critical client conversations that open up opportunities
What the programme will cover
This highly interactive programme focuses on the rational, emotional and political skills and behaviours of new business development. It focuses on how to pursue and win sales through identifying key decision maker needs and planning and managing critical client conversations. It can be tailored for any level of seniority and teams at different levels
Understanding the client and identifying and qualifying the lead
Analysing the client's situation to identify potential opportunities
Understanding how to listen to our clients to genuinely hear their explicit and implicit needs
Assessing the issues, questions and opportunities for clients and identifyingthe pitfalls for a business developer
Displaying the necessary behaviours to demonstrate how your firmprovides a high-value professional service
Differentiating the firm
How to avoid commoditising your firm by talking to clients about offerings
Understanding your firm͛s capabilities that are most valued by the client
Fully articulating and standing for the value of the firm without resortingto price as a differentiator
Analysing and designing ͚moment of truth events that positively influence the client's perception of your firm
Managing client conversations
Understanding stakeholder motivation and how to win over otherstakeholders
Learning how to how to hypothesise, test and validate client opportunities and challenges in conversation
Developing a relevant and original point of view that builds credibility.
How individuals and organisations benefit from this programme
- Develop the “hunting” skills for new opportunities with prospective client relationships.
- Participants will bring in new clients in new industries and build client loyalty.
- Increase sales and profitability through opening up new opportunities.
How CSI will embed the learning
- Advise managers on the leadership and processes to maximise ROI.
- Online orientations and process and tool overviews to ensure learning readiness.
- Team based case studies (optional technology gaming and simulation).
- Highly experiential exercises, roleplays, tutor and peer coaching debrief reviews.
- All case learning, processes and tools are applied to real world situations andintegrated with existing approaches.
- Follow up coaching on live projects with online guides, reference videos and articles.