Negotiation Skills and Dealing with Procurement
Delegates will learn to:
- Understand people͛s motivations in negotiation
- Outline people’s typical negotiation styles
- Prepare for successful negotiation
- Apply the most effective tools, principles and tactics in a variety of scenarios
- Deal with conflict constructively
What the programme will cover
This highly interactive and experiential Negotiation Skills programme helps participants to appreciate the complex interactions and relationships in negotiation. It explores the processes, tools, techniques and behaviours that lead to success for both parties. It is supported by extensive research into buying behaviour from clients and procurement teams and the winning negotiation skills and behaviours of top professionals. The outcome will be greater confidence when negotiating at any level, stronger relationships, and higher success rates.
Changing your approach to negotiation
Understanding the motivation and persuasion behind negotiation
Being realistic about what is possible and handling your expectations appropriately
Awareness of personal style
Recognising the qualities which help and hinder negotiation
Managing team member personalities
Applying six rules for success
Dealing with conflict
Understanding why conflict occurs
Applying a four-step process to handle conflict
How individuals and organisations benefit from this programme
Participants will be able to:
- Formulate a clear action plan for any level of negotiation with clients and procurement professionals
- Manage any conflict situation more confidently
- Sustain client and procurement relationships throughout the process
- Be able to sustain margins through greater consistency in managing value and avoiding discounting.
How CSL will embed the learning
- Advise managers on the leadership and processes required to maximise ROI.
- Online orientations and process and tool overviews before face to face training.
- Team based case study on live situations (optional technology based simulation).
- Highly experiential exercises and roleplays interspersed with tutor coaching, debriefs and peer reviews.
- All case learning, processes and tools are applied to real world situations and integrated with existing approaches.