Our clients are Fortune 500 and FTSE 250 businesses in the technology services, engineering, consulting, professional services, manufacturing, oil & gas, pharmaceuticals, FMCG, retail, financial services, and telecommunications as well as organisations in the public sector. Delegates attending our training curriculum include external and internal consultants, functional specialists and business advisory professionals.
Some of our loyal clients have partnered with us for over 20 years.These firms have sophisticated internal learning and education divisions but recognise that we bring a focus and external point of view that adds measurable benefit. They value the work that we do, the insight we offer and the returns we bring.
- Senior Manager and Partner programmes on client engagement to produce breakthroughs in revenues and margins.
- Programmes on leadership and business development to Principal to increase growth and accelerate their development to Partner.
- Multiple new hire “Introduction to consulting programmes” for top firms.
- Trusted Advisor programmes for 180 senior engineering professionals to consult more effectively and create more business development opportunities. “CSL has earned the right to be our Trusted Advisor” CEO.
- Creating new consulting division within engineering firm to commercialise advice that previously was given away for free.“You understand us and have helped turn a loss making outfit into the highest margin contributor out of 11 business units.” VP Global Consulting.
- Shifting from commoditising products to high value services with bid team unit. "Additional $20m of opportunities from the scoping exercises we learnt on the following Monday after the program.”
- Creating common services develop process for multi-disciplinary expert teams to develop integrated solutions. “We chose CSL because you created a cultural shift for us” VP Strategy.
- Ran multiple programmes on client engagement with major retail bank.
- Client Directors for Investment Bank trained and coached in consultative selling to grow key institutional accounts.
- Internal consulting team of major credit card provider trained in common language and process to increase productivity and client impact.
- Consulting process workshops for newly acquired business leaders within global manufacturing leader to identify integration opportunities.
- Trained team of subject matter experts and high potential teams to find efficiencies across manufacturing sites globally. Identified and realised over $2b of savings in 8 years.
Oil And Gas
- Multi-disciplinary teams trained to identify internal and external spending efficiencies globally. Identified and realised £300m in savings during 1st year.
- R&D teams trained in consultative and internal client engagement skills to create “Innovation on demand” centres to increase responsiveness to business unit needs.
- Technical teams from multiple alliance partners trained in common consulting processes and techniques in $3b project. Achieved $450m in savings across life of project which initially was considered impossible.
- Graduate induction programmes for a law firm.
- Senior Manager and Partner programmes on client engagement to produce breakthroughs in revenues and margins (2 Magic Circle firms – confidential).
- Consultative selling programmes to teams of Chartered Surveyors.
Tech Service Projects
- Training sales teams of 280 Client directors & teams of technical professionals to diagnose client needs around innovation – “From our work with CSL, we’ve had clients pay an additional $50m over competition with us as a result of buying into our long term vision.” Systems Engineer.
- Trusted Advisor, thought leadership, solutions development & “General Manager Mindset” programmes for 1800 professionals to lead the transition from commoditising products to high value services. “Great traction and impact to our clients”. COO.
- Trusted Advisor consultative skills and behaviours programmes for 1200 services, technical and Project Management professionals to create opportunities and increase margins.$500K-$2m of additional revenue opportunities over last 4 years.
- Diagnostic skills, senior manager engagement and account development coaching for account managers of a global software leader. Company has achieved record profitability each year for 9 years to date.
- Training and coaching 340 sales professionals to create thought leadership and engage clients “Best training we have done to date globally” SVP.
- Training 160 account managers, technical & services professionals to apply design thinking. “You really helped us deliver on these must-win opportunities.” VP.
- Research into the technical services professional of the future.“This report stimulated us into long overdue action” VP.
- Running CXO engagement programmes to 260 professional services consultants to engage senior clients more effectively.“Initially I was sceptical but the impact to clients convinced to invest across the group”. SVP.
“The best development I’ve experienced in 30 years.”
“To quote several members of our team, “Consulting Skill are the very best at what they do that we have seen.” When we most needed to improve our sales skills, we engaged them. They are truly gifted consultants and trainers, and in addition wonderful role models. Their work with us has directly affected our bottom line.”
“These programmes were like the best elements from my Harvard MBA – we’ve had great traction and rolled them out across the entire workforce.”
“I worked extensively with CSL on the Trusted Advisor Account Acceleration work in Europe over the last couple of years. We targeted the Enterprise Sales teams (Product AM, Services AM and Delivery leads) and ran several extremely successful workshops in EMEA. Based on this success we asked CSL to also run courses in APJC. In my view, this work was some of the most effective training we did.”
“We have engaged CSL to develop and roll out custom programmes around building commercial and consultative skills. CSL always develop a clear understanding of the business issues before starting. They ask good questions and probe our thinking, so that they understand the context and frankly we wind up better understanding ourselves. The work has been enthusiastically developed by our staff (we’ve never had 100% ratings from all our sales people before) and in demand because of the results they produce.”
“There are very few professional development firms who act as if they are jointly responsible for my income stream. CSL are leaders, not just advice givers; you don’t train in the traditional sense – you work alongside me. Unlike most training or advisory firms CSL provide hard tangible techniques to engage people and produce results. You get the most out of CSL when there are big results to play for. They are most distinctive when there’s a sizeable, noticeable gap in performance.”
“CSL are the the only firm we could think of that could tame a group of experienced consultants from McKinsey!”
“Now we have clear strategies and targets. A team who feel like they’re a team. Before working with CSL our meetings were unproductive. Now people listen, build on each other’s ideas, support one another. I think this is why we’re now number 2 in the market when 3 years ago we were number 5.”
“CSL have never let me down in the 15 years I’ve worked with them on consultative skill building, sales and strategy.”
We always measure our success against the results our clients achieve. We score every one of our interventions and take the results seriously.
The data that really matters is our clients’ business successes in the weeks and months following our programmes – extra business, projects landed, and meetings secured. Our expertise is in fostering and generating the behaviours and environment needed to produce the results our clients are committed to.
As a result of working with CSI, clients say they are more able to:
We achieve these results for clients through our seasoned expertise in consulting, education, facilitation and coaching in the following areas: